I knew right away that I wanted to turn these couple of metres into a dress, just needed to choose the right pattern. Of course I considered just using my tried and true McCall's 5975 (damn, that's one brillant pattern) - but I was feeling kind of crazy and adventurous (yup, that's me living on the edge) and decided to try something new. Meet McCall's M7085. An easy to sew dress with darts both front and back. The pattern does include lining pieces and you're adviced to install a zipper, but as with most of my knit dresses I skipped the zipper part. And the lining, too.
When it was done I felt kind of 'meh' about the result. Too loose and the wrong length for me, so I took it in - quite a lot in the sleeve and bust area and tapered the skirt. Furthermore I unpicked the hem so now it's left with a raw edge at the bottom of the skirt. Not the most elegant finish but I like this length and so be it.
Next time I will definetely go down a size.
I do like the dress, but I think I prefer my fitted knit dresses as bodice/skirt joined at the waist (as the McCalls 5975) and not these 'one front and one back' type of dresses. Dunno. Maybe it's just me.
I also made my baby girl a new, comfy over size dress. Definetely more of these to come. She really likes these loose fit dresses. This one is based on Simplicity 9062 - a blast from the past (1992). Fabric from my Stofdepotet stash. Sorry, but it was sold out a loooong time ago.