fredag den 5. februar 2016

Luna's Little Black Dress

Hi there sweet followers - if there are any left out there?!

It's been a loooong time, sorry. I know that I'm very much neglecting this blog. I blame Instagram! Well, I'm back - for now at least.

My darling daughter is going to a party tonight and a girl can always use a new LBD, am I right?

So, I whipped this easy peasy one up in less than an hour - cutting and sewing included. It's based on the top pattern 22048 from Stof & Stil simply just lengthened to a dress. I added a couple of darts at the bust and left the edges raw. The dress is supposed to have a band/ribbing at the arm opening but Luna likes the deep armscye so I eliminated the band (which can always be added if she changes her mind). I also tapered the turtleneck a bit so it's more narrow in the top than the bottom.

I will hem the dress though, but the young lady hadn't time to wait for that before trying the dress. Well, I'm just happy that she's still so eager to test her mum made clothes :-)

The fabric is black scuba also from Stof & Stil. Scuba is just perfect for those fitted dresses.



 





21 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Thanks Mokosha :-) Simple is imo sometimes (often) the best.

      Slet
  2. The dress looks so good! She has very nice shoulders for this sort of dresses!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks Saskia. I'll be sure to let her know - cause she doesn't think so, she's in fact a litte ashamed of her broad swimmer's shoulders....

      Slet
  3. Lucky, lucky Luna. She looks stunning!

    SvarSlet
  4. It's really gorgeous and she looks amazing - love the armhole shaping really brings out those fab shoulders.

    SvarSlet
  5. One cannot go wrong with a LBD. Simple is the best, isn't it?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I agree my sweet friend - simple is simply the best ♡

      Slet
  6. This dress is awesome, I love the straight cut. :)

    SvarSlet
  7. The dress is lovely, as is your daughter. I know what you mean about instagram. I joined couple weeks ago, and I have been so exited. For me the pictures are "it" in blogs as well, and that is why its so easy and tempting just browse the pics. And it´s easier to post one or two pictures than a whole blogpost.

    SvarSlet
  8. Love the dress and I'm here whenever you post (have you on a feed reader)! I have missed you though! :)

    SvarSlet
  9. So simple yet so elegant! She looks great.

    SvarSlet