tirsdag den 1. december 2015

The White Pants

As requested by my 17 year old - a pair of white pants. 

Luna had been begging me to make her a pair for quite some time now, we just hadn't come across the perfect pattern. She had an idea in her mind; the pants could not be too baggy, but not fitted either.

Recently I bought myself a new pair of black pants - and it was just the kind of pants Luna had in mind. Crepe fabric, not too roomy, not to tight and with a cool front pleat/fold detail. 

...and what do you know - Etsy seller EMpdfPatterns has a pattern that fits the bill! All the details are there, the pleats, the elastic at the back waist, the pockets, the tapered legs. 

I did alter the pattern a bit. I was concerned about the back rise of the pants so I added a couple of centimetres. Both Luna and I have a pretty long rise - and the alteration worked as hoped. On the pattern photo the pants look cropped. They are not. Luna is 180 cm tall and the pants are full length on her. She doesn't have extremely long legs, but they are absolutely not short either. I did taper the pants some from the knee down though to make them more fitted.

The instructions tell you to add elastic to the back of the pants. That was not necessary for 'us' - so, no elastic just a side zipper in this pair. 


She is so pleased with the result. The fit is really great. I have a feeling that I'll be sewing more of these.
  


 



16 kommentarer:

  1. Trine, your daughter looks amazing wearing her new pants!
    The pattern is so cool and the fitting is perfect. Great job!

    SvarSlet
  2. Gorgeous! I have been wanting a pair of pants like this myself. I'll have to save this idea for when winter returns.

    SvarSlet
  3. I love these! The fabric looks amazing too.

    SvarSlet
  4. Årh et skønt mønster.
    Det ligner total et mønster jeg prøvede at lave selv på mit ene semester mønsterkonstruktion, men det er SÅ svært at få draperingen foran til at være flad, og ikke pose eller ligne at man har "man-parts"
    Eller det syntes jeg i hvert fald. Og smart med at hæve dem bagpå.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Haha bukser med indbygget diller, nej tak du :-).
      Jeg synes faktisk at de her er super fine. Den her crepe er lidt kraftig - men stadig synes jeg at læggene er fine. Jeg er sikker på at bukserne blir mindst lige så fine syet op i stof med endnu mere fald.

      Slet
  5. Love these. By the way, both Burda and Style Arc have similar versions of this style if anyone is interested.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yup. I've seen both the Style Arc and Burda versions - there's just something about this pattern that I like more :-)

      Slet
  6. These are amazing! Perfect fit! She is such a beautiful young woman and looks gorgeous in her new pants <3

    SvarSlet
  7. Luna looks gorgeous in her new pants! The fit is perfect. Love that little detail on the front.

    SvarSlet