My latest mash-up. This floral number is mainly based on this pattern from Knipmode and the OOP McCall's M5927 - and then modified some more.
I believe it's the first time I've tried a Knipmode pattern. This pattern is downloaded from their site but I do also have one of their magazines. I bought that particular mag months ago because it had a knit dress pattern I just had to try...and haven't tried yet. Knipmode does not offer all of their patterns as pdf files, so I had to buy the magazine to get that specific pattern. Must make it soon.
Even though I'm not at all fluent in Dutch I did somehow manage to read/get/understand/guess the instructions - nice one me. Okay, the dress isn't that difficult to sew I admit. As stated above I only used the bodice part from this pattern. It was the neckline in particular that made this pattern a must! I think it's so elegant. I made a size 40 but ended up taking it in a bit. I'm normally a size 40/42 in rtw clothes, so I guess this pattern runs a bit large in size. I can't say if that's the case with all Knipmode patterns. Or maybe I just prefer the dress a bit more fitted than it's designed to be. It's not that I don't like the original skirt that comes with this pattern - I just like this one even better :-). The pockets and the pleats on this sadly oop M5927 are just perfect. It's the third time I've used this skirt pattern for a dress. Here it is in a scuba version (which I've actually decided to sell).
The fabric is cotton sateen with a little stretch from the Danish shop Fabricroad.