fredag den 26. august 2016

You're gonna hear me roar....

Back in May when 'me and my sewing posse' attended 'London Sew Social' we were gifted some great stuff -  patterns and fabric being some of it. 

This 'B-Inspired' (now B-Trendy) by Poppy Magazine (patterns) was new to me, but absolutely not new on the market. Bertram was in urgent need of new shorts before our Italy vacation so I decided to try one of the patterns from the mag. And YIPPEEEEE - the perfect pattern for my pretty skinny 10 year old.....and not the shorts below :-). Since I was so pleased with the fit I decided to add a couple of more B-Trendy mags to my stash. Some of the patterns are even offered in a size 164 which means that I can make them for my soon to be 13 year old son as well. At least that's what I hope. That soon to be teen is growing like a weed and is 175 cm tall now, but with a little lengthening I believe it'll work out. (He's probably 180 cm tall before I'm done writing this post!!)

Back to Bertram's outfit. The pattern I used for these short is from an older magazine but the outcome has the same great fit. I tapered them a bit toward the knee as I thought they would be too loose around Bertram's sticks, but truth is I think they would have been even better without my adjustments. 

The tank is the 'Twisted Tank' (sans twist) designed by my friend and 'London Sew Social Posse Member' Laura of Titchy Threads. I made it for the kid last year and it still fits. 

Fun fact: It was only when I was about to cut into this lion head fabric I realised that the mastermind behind this design and the magazines is the same - Poppy.  Isn't that funny. Okay, maybe I'm easily amused. No, it is funny!! This 'roar' sweatshirt fabric is sold at one and only Stofdepotet. 

I've also made Wilma some B-Trendy shorts - they too have a great fit! (And are not the ones she's wearing below - I'm such a teaser....) Nope, she's wearing Nani IRO 'Savannah Shorts' designed by Cali Faye Collection. A truly great pattern. I've already made her two pairs and more to come....next year. 

I present to you: Bertram 'Moves Like Zombie Jagger' and his little sister...

And then you should take a look at what a couple of my homegirls are posting today. Olu and Sara - take it away!











10 kommentarer:

  1. He got the moves... :D Love the whole outfit. The leather pocket is such a great detail! Wilma looks great also, as usual!

    SvarSlet
  2. The pics are great; your kids are so gorgeous!

    SvarSlet
  3. Love those outfits! Thank you for introducing me to the B-Inspired/Trendy. How do the magazines patterns work? I want to try them!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. The patterns come on big sheets - you have to trace them. They run true to size - and instructions are offered in 4 languages!!

      Slet
    2. Oh! Perfect! Thank you. Off to order now!!!

      Slet
  4. That 2nd pic it so lovely Awww!!! Both outfits are gorgeous, Where is the twisted tank fabric from? That tiered blouse has always been a favourite, yours inspired me to make one for my daughter.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks sweetest Olu. The Twisted fabric is from Stoff & Stil - but from a previous collection and sold out long ago. Sorry.

      Slet
  5. Love this! I have a little boy now but I'm still a bit frightened of making boys' clothes. Must give it a go.

    SvarSlet
  6. He seems so natural modelling! Love this shorts and the print. Isn't it crazy how quickly kids grow!

    SvarSlet